Last year I bought a Chromebook rather than purchase another windows laptop. I recommend you do the same.
My last windows laptop was an ASUS Vivobook I purchased from Amazon in 2013, so 3 years later in 2016 I was ready to get a new one.
I spend a lot of time researching Laptops before I purchase so that I get the most bang for my buck. I’ll start searching, reading reviews and watching videos on the laptop weeks if not months before I make a purchase. I had been aware of Chromebooks (that run on Google Chrome OS as oppose to Windows) since google started making them, but they were just not ready yet.
2016 was different. Chromebooks had arrived. They could finally hold their own against similar windows machines. And after extensive research I bought the ASUS Chromebook Flip which is still one of the best Chromebooks on the market a year later.
Oh and btw I bought it for only $265.00 it completely replaced my windows machine that is catching dust on my nightstand.
So if you’re in the market for a laptop this year I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you get a Chromebook!
Advantages of Chromebook
PRICE: They’re cheap compared to windows laptops. expect to spend at least $500 to get a halfway decent laptop. Anything less than that and you will regret it with a windows machines. At $265 my chromebook is half that.
HASSLE FREE: Don’t worry about Antivirus software, Anti spyware or Anti malware. Forget viruses on the whole. Don’t worry about updates. system slow downs… nope. You won’t miss that crap at ALL, I guarantee it.
Its FASSTTT!! : This thing boots and I can be on in under 7 seconds. First time setup may be longer but after that its a breeze!
BATTERY LIFE: One charge last at least 8 hrs
WEIGHT: it is super light weight with most chromebooks weighing under 3lbs
I think people that have a problem with Chromebooks have challenges adapting to a none Windows system in which you don’t get to install stuff. Your windows programs wont work on Chrome unless there is an online version or App that you can download from the Google Play Android store.
I personally have had no problems. Every single thing I need I can do online or via an app. Only advance users may have a legitimate issue with a Chromebook. Other normal laptop users should be able to adjust with no problem.
3 Chrome Books I recommend This Year
ASUS Chromebook C202SA-YS02 11.6” Ruggedized and Water Resistant Design with 180 Degree (Intel Celeron 4 GB, 16GB eMMC, Dark Blue)
- Intel Celeron N3060 Processor (2M Cache, up to 2.48 GHz)
- Designed for rugged use with reinforced rubber guards, easy grip handles, and a spill resistant keyboard
- Can open/edit MS Office files using free embedded QuickOffice editor or Google Docs, and can download Microsoft Office Online
Great For Kids & Students
Acer Chromebook R 11 Convertible, 11.6-Inch HD Touch, Intel Celeron N3150, 4GB DDR3L, 32GB, Chrome
- Intel Celeron N3150 Quad-Core Processor 1.6GHz with Intel Burst Technology up to 2.08GHz
- 11.6″ HD Widescreen LED-backlit Display, Multi-touch screen, supporting 10 finger touch
- 4GB DDR3L Onboard Memory, 32GB Internal Storage
- Up to 10-hours Battery Life
ASUS Chromebook Flip C302CA-DHM4 12.5-Inch Touchscreen Intel Core m3 with 64GB storage and 4GB RAM
- The flexible 360 degree hinge and 12.5” Full-HD touchscreen lets you use the C302 in tablet or laptop mode.
- Extremely lightweight at 2.65 pounds with the protection of a sleek aluminum metal body.
- Starts up in seconds and lasts all day, thanks to a long battery life rated up to 10 hours*.
- Intel Core Processor with 64GB storage and 4GB RAM for fast and efficient performance.
- Work anywhere online or offline regardless of your internet connection. Enjoy your favorite games, entertainment, and keep up with work, wherever you go.
This is the 2017 upgrade of the Chromebook Flip I bought last year